Friday, June 20, 2008

Photographer: Julie Scalfano

All photos by Julie Scalfano

Julie Scalfano, of Monroe, will have her photography on display beginning June 21 when A Peach of a Show exhibit at Thousand Words Photography is unveiled. The opening reception will be from 4-7 p.m. Thousand Words is located at 204 W. Mississippi Ave., Ruston.

What led you to photography?

I fell in love with my dad's old Olympus SLR. I picked it up and it was an immediate connection.

What kind of camera and equipment do you use?
I use both digital and film cameras.

How has your photographic style changed over time, if at all?
My style has definitely become more of my own, and less of what others think it should be.

How do you envision your work evolving in the future?

Hopefully, I will get more specialty lenses and become less mindful of what other people think.

What is your creative process like? (How do you develop your ideas?)
If I see something that immediately hits me, I will think of what to do with it, or if I am there with my camera, I will try out a few things both physically and in my head until I get that 'just right' shot.

Which artists are you currently a fan of?

I like Jerry Uelsmann, Richard Avedon, Salvadore Dahli, M.C. Escher, just to name a few.

0 comments: