Thursday, July 31, 2008

Southern Artists Offered Exposure

"Bread and Butter" by me, Monica Crowe

Listen up, artists. The second annual Gulf South
Regional Contemporary Art Exhibition has sounded the call for two- and three-dimensional submissions. Those who live in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida are encouraged to enter. BECA gallery, a contemporary space in the Warehouse District of New Orleans, will display the juried works from Jan. 3 – Feb. 28, 2009.

This means the display will be on exhibit during Prospect 1, New Orleans tourist-attraction effort at revitalizing its arts and culture identity. To learn more about my perspective of Prospect 1, see the article I wrote for my regular column in the Ruston Daily Leader.

Entry deadline is Nov. 10. Complete information and submission guidelines may be downloaded from http://becagallery.typepad.com/my_weblog/call-to-artists.html.

0 comments: